In today’s digital age, checking instant scratchies results has never been easier or faster. With a simple click, you can verify your lottery ticket results online, providing an immediate answer to the all-important question: “Did I win?”
Renowned lottery websites update their results promptly after each draw. Additionally, tickets purchased in-store can be checked for winning numbers, and one can even delve into past draw outcomes.
Table of Contents
All games that you can purchase online are available at official lottery sites The Lott in Australia and My Lotto NZ in New Zealand and this includes Lotto, Powerball, Strike, Keno, Bullseye, and Instant Kiwi online.
There are many ways to check instant scratchies in Australia and New Zealand.
Check Instant Scratchies Results In the Following Ways, In Australia:
1. Check Your Lotto Ticket Online
This is the easiest and super fast way to check the lottery results. All the latest draw results can be found on the Lottery websites and are updated right after the draw has taken place. You can also check your tickets purchased in-store to see if you’re a winner as well as search previous draw results.
2. Check Your Results With The Mobile App
You can now easily scan your ticket with the Lott App. You can access lotto results anywhere, anytime with the Lott App for iOS and Android. Also, stay up-to-date on the next draw jackpot amounts and recent dividends. In fact, you can also scan your tickets purchased in-store to see if you’re a winner
3. Check Your Email Inbox
Yes, you can get lotto results straight to your inbox If you have an online account with the Lott you can subscribe to results emails for all of our lottery games within the My Settings section of your account. Join today.
4. Become a Tatts Card Member And Know If You Win
If you’re a Tatts Card member then you get lottery results instantly from the staff of the lottery department. If you win a Division 1, Jackpot, or 1st Prize they’ll call you personally with the good news, as well as send you notifications via email whenever you have a win.
Also, have your unclaimed prizes won in-store paid directly into your bank account or online account, plus every time your card is scanned in-store they’ll let you know if you have any unclaimed prizes. Join today to be a Tatts card member
5. Watch The Draw On TV
Many lotteries draw you can watch on TV live. You can see the draws of TattsLotto, Monday & Wednesday Lotto, Oz Lotto, and Powerball on 7TWO at approximately 8:30 pm AEST on the night of the official draw. Set for Life results for each daily draws on Channel 7 and 7TWO at approximately 9:45 pm AEST every night.
6. Check Your Lottery Results From Your Nearby Retailer
Visit the Lott nearest to you to find out if your ticket is a winner. You can check your lottery and Instant Scratch-Its tickets using the self-service checker in-store, or your friendly retailer can check them for you at the counter – for smaller prizes they can also pay out your winnings on the spot! For bigger wins, you have to fill a claim form and submit it to the lottery department.
Check Instant Scratchies Results in The Following Ways In NZ:
1. Check Online
The result of each Instant Kiwi Online ticket in New Zealand can see at the end of the gameplay. You can also view the outcome of completed tickets under ‘My Tickets > Completed tickets> Instant Kiwi Online’.
You will the credit online prizes (under $1,000) automatically to your MyLotto account. Players can withdraw their winnings by selecting ‘Settings > Withdraw funds. Players can only redeem Instant Kiwi In-store prizes at a Lotto store.
2. Check In Store
Visit the Lottery retailer nearest to you to find out if your ticket is a winner. You can check your lottery and Instant Kiwi tickets using the self-service checker in-store, or your friendly retailer can check them for you at the counter – for smaller prizes they can also pay out your winnings on the spot! For bigger wins, you have to fill out a claim form and submit it to the lottery department.
3. Check Your Results With The Mobile App
You can now easily scan your ticket with the Lott App. You can access lotto results anywhere, anytime with the My Lotto NZ app for iOS and Android. Also, stay up-to-date on the next draw jackpot amounts and recent dividends. In fact, you can also scan your tickets purchased in-store to see if you’re a winner.
The Lotto NZ App isn’t on Google Play because Google doesn’t allow gambling apps. But you can still install the app safely and securely by downloading it straight from the My Lotto site.
You can scan your scratch ticket online too. The Lotto NZ App has a handy scratchie ticket scanner where you can check your paper tickets. You’ll find the scanner in the left-hand menu of the App.
Also remember that if you buy a ticket using the Lotto NZ App or on mylotto.co.nz, you’ll get to watch an animated draw when you log in to your MyLotto account. The virtual draw will play automatically for any tickets you have from completed draws since your last log-in. If you’re a winner, you’ll be prompted to claim your prize. The My Lotto NZ doesn’t currently offer the virtual draw for tickets purchased from a store.
Benefits of Online vs. In-store Checking
While some lean towards the convenience of online platforms, others remain loyal to the traditional in-store methods. Let’s dive into the pros and cons of each to help you determine which might be the best fit for you.
- Convenience: No need to leave your home; check results anytime, anywhere.
- Instant Updates: Lottery websites are updated immediately after draws, ensuring you have the latest information.
- Environmental Benefits: Digital checking means less paper waste and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Safety: Especially in today’s climate, reducing in-person interactions can be a safer choice.
- Historical Access: Many online platforms allow you to view past results, aiding in any analysis or trends you might want to track.
- Reliability: Requires a stable internet connection.
- Security Concerns: Ensure you are using official and trusted websites to avoid scams.
- Tangible Experience: There’s a unique thrill in having a physical ticket confirmed as a winner in person.
- Immediate Payouts: Smaller wins can often be claimed right away.
- Personal Interaction: Direct communication with store staff can be reassuring for some players.
- No Tech Required: A boon for those who aren’t as digitally inclined.
- Less Convenient: Requires a trip to the store, which can be time-consuming.
- Limited Hours: You’re restricted to the store’s operational hours.
- Physical Safety: Carrying a winning ticket can pose risks; it’s essential to be discreet.
Recommendation: For regular players, blending both methods could be the way forward. Utilize online checking for convenience and speed, but visit the store occasionally for that tangible excitement and immediate payouts.
How To Scan Scratch Tickets with My Lotto NZ App
- Age Restrictions:
- Instant Kiwi Online: Available for registered MyLotto NZ players who confirm they’re 18 years or older. One-time age confirmation required on MyLotto or the Lotto NZ App.
- Instant Kiwi In-store: Open to individuals 18 years of age or older. Purchase a ticket at any Lotto outlet.
- Features of My Lotto NZ App:
- Scan tickets to verify winnings.
- Buy Lotto tickets.
- Check results.
- Play Instant Kiwi online.
- Download & Installation:
- iPhone Users: Click here to download the My Lotto app.
- Android Users: Note – The app isn’t on Google Play. Instead:
- Download it from My Lotto NZ website.
- Enable ‘Unknown Sources’ in your device settings for app installation.
- Locate and tap on
lnz-mobile-app.apkin your notifications or downloads to install.
- Remember to revert your security settings back post-installation.
- Usage & Compatibility:
- Privacy Note: The app uses Google Analytics cookies. All data is anonymous. Refer to the app’s T&C for details.
- Compatibility: Android 6.0+ and iOS 12.0+.
- Scan Instructions:
- Open the app.
- Choose the scan option on the home page or within your account.
- Align the ticket barcode within the on-screen rectangle.
- Wait for the app to confirm the scan.
The Lotto NZ APP is compatible with Android 6.0 upwards and iOS 12.0 upwards.
You Can See the Results On The Website
Quick Access to Results:
- After scanning, the app processes the barcode and swiftly checks your ticket results.
- The New Zealand lottery results are updated almost immediately after each draw. No more agonizing waits!
Stay Updated with Notifications:
- Opt-in for text messages or email alerts. Many mobile sites offer direct notifications right after the draw.
- Want more insight? These apps also provide detailed breakdowns, showing the number of matches needed for different prize tiers.
Won a Prize? Here’s What to Do:
- If you’ve struck gold, the app will display matching numbers corresponding to a winning category.
- Prizes below a certain threshold can be claimed directly from retailers.
- For larger wins, you might have to approach the New Zealand Lotteries Commission.
Claim Your Prize In-Store
For Prizes Up to $1,000:
- If you’ve won on a paper ticket, head to a store to claim.
- Prizes up to $1,000 can be received in cash or credited to an EFTPOS card if the option is available.
For Prizes Over $1,000:
- Winning on paper tickets exceeding $1,000? You’ll need to complete a Prize Claim Form in-store.
- Be patient: prizes over $1,000 might experience a slight delay, especially with Courier Post managing post-lockdown delivery backlogs.
- However, the lotto commits to processing and paying these prizes within 7 working days.
How To Claim Prizes?
For Online Prizes:
- Prizes up to $1,000: Will be directly credited to a player’s MyLotto wallet.
- Prizes over $1,000: Paid within three working days after submitting the Online Prize Claim Form.
- A representative from Lotto NZ’s dedicated Winners’ Team will contact you with more details.
For Paper Tickets:
- First Division winners: Call Lotto NZ’s Customer Care team at 0800 695 6886. You’ll then be connected to the Winners’ Team for further instructions.
- Prizes for draw-based games must be claimed within 12 months of the draw date.
- For Instant Kiwi tickets, prizes should be claimed within 12 months from the game’s closure date.
In our fast-paced world, isn’t it refreshing to have instant scratchies results right at our fingertips? Whether you’re in Australia or New Zealand, multiple methods ensure you can quickly discover if you’ve struck gold. For me, the standout features are the Lotto NZ and The Lott apps. Not only can you scan tickets and get email notifications, but you can also dive into historical draw results anytime, anywhere. If you’re someone who’s always on the go, I’d highly recommend downloading these apps for ease and convenience.
When the exciting moment of a win comes, rest assured that the prize-claiming process, whether big or small, is designed to be straightforward and hassle-free. As you embrace this journey, always play with care and trust only the official channels for genuine results.