How to Play Instant Kiwi Scratchies in New Zealand?
Playing Instant Kiwi Scratchies in New Zealand is the most fun and rich experience. Lately, Nelson Man won $1 million playing NZ scratchies. Instant Kiwi Scratchies has made many millionaires. In 2019 a man from Invercargill became Instant Kiwi’s millionaire with the $15 Cash Spectacular ticket.
Similarly, it was a richer experience for 18-year-old Sam on 14th May 2017, a University student from Auckland that played $2 Instant Kiwi scratchie and won NZ$20,000 and used the winning amount to pay his college fees.
This shows how popular are instant scratchies in New Zealand and that is because of their simplicity and fun. They are available to play at every corner be it a shop, local newsagent, gas or petrol station, or at casinos. Also, they do not cost much to play and you can dream of winning big by spending only a few dollars, or cents.
Table of Contents
What are the ways to play Instant Kiwi Scratchies?
There are two ways to play Instant Kiwi: online or offline.
This means you can play Instant Kiwi with the Mylotto NZ app on mobile or at the MyLotto site
Play at your nearest lottery store.
You will have to be fully registered by opening your account at MyLotto and confirming that you are 18 years of age or older. To play lotto scratchies nz, you will need to complete a one-time age confirmation on MyLotto or the Lotto NZ App.
Instant Kiwi Online games or nz scratchies can be played between 6:30 am – 10:10 pm daily.
Lotto New Zealand is a Crown entity that operates nationwide lotteries in New Zealand. The oldest and most popular draw is the twice-weekly Lotto draw which boasts a top prize pool of NZ$1 million. There are two other draws, the four-draws-daily Keno, Bullseye, the newly introduced Play 3, and a variety of scratch cards known as Instant Kiwi. Powerball and Lotto Strike are optional extras with every Lotto ticket, whilst the Winning Wheel game is free to all Lotto ticket purchasers.
As said above it may only be played by persons 18 years of age or older, under the Gambling Act 2003. These online games can be played on MyLotto or the Lotto NZ App.
Instant Kiwi Scratchie Games Cost
Instant Kiwi is a ticket-based game that was introduced in September 1989. There are over 30 different ticket streams on sale at any time, and about 60 new games are released each year. Tickets for Instant Kiwi games are in the form of a “scratch-to-win” card.
Prizes range from $2 to a maximum of $50,000 every year for 10 years, depending on the game being played. On average, between 2 and 3 players each week win $10,000 or more. There is a choice of $1, $2, $3, $4, $5, $6 and $10 ticket prices. The prizes are printed on the tickets under strict security. Prizes are randomly distributed to ensure that no one can detect where prizes are until a ticket is purchased and the latex covering is scratched off the prize area.
How to Play Instant Kiwi Scratchie?
It is very easy to play Instant Kiwi Scratchie. As mentioned above you can buy tickets either online with Lotto App on your mobile or get the ticket online at the Lotto website or you can get the ticket from your local retailer. So your entry to the game shall be by ticket.
When buying lotto scratchies NZ online you need to open an account on the lotto website. Top up your account by depositing to buy the ticket and you can do this online by credit card or internet banking. Then choose online Scratchies NZ, the instant Kiwi game you wish to play, and select your ticket. Confirm your choice and your ticket will be purchased from your account.
The same process goes when you purchase a ticket with the Lotto app from your mobile be it iPhone or Android or tablet. Each ticket held by any person shall be a separate entry. A ticket shall be the only valid basis for claiming a prize. The minimum price of the ticket shall be $1. It shall be the responsibility of the player to ensure that, at the time of purchase, the covering on each play panel on the ticket is intact.
You can play Instant Kiwi Online games if you are a fully registered MyLotto player and confirm that you are 18 years of age or older. To do this, you will need to complete a one-time age confirmation on MyLotto or the Lotto NZ App.
The mechanics to play the game are that you have to expose the play symbol or get to action for instant Kiwi self-check symbols. This means the player shall remove the covering from each play panel on the ticket to expose the play symbol or combination of play symbols, and therefore, discover whether or not the ticket is a prize-bearing ticket.
As well as purchasing your ticket online, you can watch your draws online too. Also, get a message to your MyLotto account if you’re one of the winners. Any prizes under $1,000 will automatically be credited to your MyLotto account. Prizes over $1,000 will be paid to your bank account once you complete a prize claim form.
All the Instant Kiwi games come with exciting themes and variety like Instant kiwi crossword, Texas Holdem, cash celebration, cupid heart, fully loaded with $ 10,000 or $500prizes, or $100 prizes, Race to riches, Instant kiwi bingo, monopoly, 3 of a kind, electric 8s, big money, suits and money more.
All the games are interesting to play and carry huge prizes to win. Moreover, the cost of the ticket for these games ranges from a minimum of $1 to $10. The maximum spending limit for Instant Kiwi Online games is $50 a week. It includes the total $150 weekly spending limit for MyLotto. You are also able to set your own lower spending limits by going to ‘Settings> Spending Limits’
When playing online you need a WiFi or internet connection to play the online scratchies in the comfort of your home or office even with your mobile.
Before playing with real money all Instant Kiwi Online games have the option to ‘Try Now’. If you select ‘Try’, no money will be deducted from your account, and you will be given the chance to play a demo version of that Instant Kiwi Online game. As this game is a demo only, any prizes revealed will not be awarded to you.
Rule and Gameplay of Instant Kiwi Scratchies
Instant Kiwi Scratchies offer a straightforward and exciting way to play lotto games in New Zealand. Here’s a brief overview of the rules and gameplay:
- Purchase a ticket: Whether online or from a retailer, buy an Instant Kiwi scratch card. Tickets are available at various price points and offer different themes and prize structures.
- Scratch the coating: Use a coin or your fingernail to remove the silver coating on the ticket, revealing numbers, symbols, or play areas.
- Check for a winning combination: Compare the revealed numbers or symbols with the game’s specific winning combinations. If they match, you win a prize. Instant Kiwi Scratchies can have a range of price options, including smaller cash amounts or larger lottery prizes.
- Claim your prize: If you have a winning ticket, you can claim your prize. Visit any Lotto retailer or the Lotto website to redeem your prize. Follow the instructions provided, and remember to bring your winning ticket and any required identification.
These were some of the easy steps which can be easily practised using any online and offline platform. Choose My Lotto NZ App and enjoy playing Instant Kiwi Scratchies online or offline based on your preferences. If you want are looking for the best scratchies to buy in NZ then choose this app and enjoy this journey.
Note that once you have bought the Instant Kiwi Scratchie tickets online with real NZ you will not be refunded if you don’t play.
If you are unable to complete an Instant Kiwi Online ticket, for any reason, the ticket will be automatically completed on your behalf. This can take up to 45 minutes from the purchase time. In addition, you can view the outcome of any auto-completed ticket under ‘Tickets > Completed Tickets > Instant Play’.
The maximum spending limit for Instant Kiwi Online games is $50 a week. This is included in the total $150 weekly spending limit for MyLotto. You are also able to set your own lower spending limits by going to ‘Settings> Spending Limits’
If you have any problems contact Mylotto via 0800 695 6886 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to know the full rules of Instant Kiwi online
How to confirm your age before you play?
When playing Instant Kiwi online automatically confirm your age via mylotto.co.nz or enter one of the associated promotions, the following forms of ID are acceptable:
- Valid New Zealand driver’s licence
- Valid New Zealand passport
To complete your one-time age confirmation; go to ‘Settings’ in your MyLotto account and enter your current New Zealand driver’s license number or valid New Zealand passport details to confirm your age. Similarly, if you have already age-confirmed, it will say ‘Aged 18 or over: Confirmed’. Moreover, you can call the Customer Support team on 0800 695 6886 if you are having trouble confirming your details.
If you don’t have a valid New Zealand driver’s license or valid New Zealand passport you can also confirm your age by emailing the Lotto NZ Customer Service team (email@example.com) a scanned copy of any of the following:
- Valid international passport
- Kiwi Access Card / HANZ 18+ card
Similarly; at the store; you need to show your ID proof and submit a copy to prove your gambling age in NZ.
Although, some Instant Kiwi games may have the same name and look similar across Instant Kiwi Online and In-store; they are played and claimed separately. They also have different prize pools.
How to Claim the Winning Prize?
The result of each Instant Kiwi Online ticket will be displayed at the end of the gameplay. Therefore, you can also view the outcome of completed tickets under ‘My Tickets > Completed tickets> Instant Kiwi Online’.
Prizes of $1,000 or less will automatically be credited to your MyLotto account. If you’re lucky enough to win a prize over $1,000; you will need to complete an online prize claim form, and also they will also send you an email letting you know about your win.
Validating winning tickets
To ensure the authenticity and validity of winning tickets, they need to be validated. This process confirms that the ticket is genuine and that the prize claim is legitimate. Each lottery or game provider has specific validation procedures in place to prevent fraud and protect players.
Prize claim process and required documentation
The prize claim process varies depending on the amount won and the lottery operator’s policies.
Documentation commonly required for prize claims may include:
- The original winning ticket
- Valid identification (e.g., government-issued ID)
- Proof of residence
- Claim form (provided by the lottery operator)
Options for Claiming Prize
Lottery operators typically provide multiple options for claiming prizes to accommodate various preferences and circumstances. Common options include:
- In-person: Winners can visit a designated claim center or lottery office to claim their prizes. This allows for face-to-face interaction and immediate processing of the claim.
- Mail-in: For larger prizes, some lotteries allow winners to claim their prizes by mail. This usually involves sending the winning ticket, required documentation, and a completed claim form to the designated address. It’s important to follow the specific instructions provided by the lottery operator for mail-in claims.
- Online: Depending on the lottery provider and the specific game, there may be options for claiming prizes online. This typically applies to smaller prizes that can be credited directly to the player’s online account. Winners may need to complete a prize claim form or provide necessary documentation through a secure online process.
Unclaimed prizes are forfeited
- A claim for a prize in any game shall be made within 12 months after the close of the game. Any prize that is not claimed within that period shall be forfeited, and the amount of that prize shall be paid into the Prize Reserve Fund.
- A claim to prize not exceeding $1,000 based on a single ticket; may be claimed by presenting the ticket; to a retailer within 12 months after the close of the game. If the retailer is satisfied that the claim is made within 12 months after the close of the game. In addition, the ticket should meet each of the criteria specified in the rules, and all other requirements of the Lottery Commission for the payment of prizes are met; the retailer may; on surrender of the ticket, pay the amount of the prize to the bearer of the ticket.
- A claim to a prize exceeding $1,000 based on a single ticket may be made through a retailer or directly to the Commission.
- A claim for a prize in any game may be made directly to the Commission either by pre-paid post or other pre-paid delivery system or in person at the head office of the Commission.
What are the strategies to win Instant Kiwi Scratchies?
Firstly, you should know how the odds work and digest the fact that there’s no strategy to win instant kiwi scratchies. Also, scratch-off games award prizes on a random basis; and most of the money taken in by scratch-off games is paid back as prizes. The more expensive a scratch-off; the higher the “small” prizes tend to be; the higher the odds of winning; the better the prizes tend to be. Therefore, the lower the odds of winning, the more prizes there tend to be. Therefore, the higher the largest prize or jackpot, the fewer real winners there will be.
Many things are involved in coming up with a perfect strategy to win the games. That is to say, there are strategies involved in buying the tickets. There are a limited number of tickets for every game that is offered. Once all of the prizes have been awarded; the game is retired and a new game is put in its place.
Buy in Bulk
To improve your chances of winning with scratches; many players think that “buy in bulk” or “stagger your ticket buying” will make you a winner. But that makes no reality to win. In addition, one roll of 200 tickets could contain half as many prizes as the next roll of 200 tickets; and most of the winners could be in the first half of a roll, or they could be spread about evenly throughout a roll.
Strategies that are reused; include buying a lot of tickets when the game is first introduced; get the best chance to win a prize due to the large number of prizes that are available. Others will search for games that have been around a while but that have not paid out the biggest jackpots. In the end, it is really a matter of luck when you play the scratchies. The hope is that you end up like the scratchie player in Gisborne that won the $100,000 jackpot in May of 2014.
Your chances of winning don’t change based on how you buy the tickets. In other words, whether you buy tickets in bulk or wait for 3-4 other people to buy tickets. It does not change the probabilities of any given roll of tickets paying a prize. That is to say; you have to understand that all those prizes, including the free tickets; are paid for by the people buying the tickets.
Game Integrity at Instant Kiwi Scratchies
In New Zealand, the term “game integrity” refers to Lotto NZ, the lottery operator, conducting the game in a fair and open manner. The New Zealand government regulates Instant Kiwi scratchies, and Lotto NZ has a responsibility to uphold the highest standards of integrity to guarantee the integrity of the game.
Lotto NZ sticks to a strict set of rules and procedures to keep the integrity of the game and make sure that it is run fairly and openly. The distribution of tickets, ticket security, awarding of prizes, and picking of lucky numbers or symbols are all covered by these rules.
To guarantee that the games are random, fair, and free of any prejudice or manipulation, Instant Kiwi scratchies also go through stringent testing and certification by independent third-party auditors.
How To Withdraw Your Winnings At Instant Kiwi App?
If you are an instant kiwi scratchies winner and looking for a guide to withdraw your winnings then look below in the following guide to withdraw your winnings.
- Join My Lotto NZ by logging in here: Enter your username and password to connect to your account on the My Lotto NZ website which offers Instant Kiwi Scratchies NZ.
- Access the “My Account” area by navigating to: Once you have logged in, go to the upper right corner of the page and select “My Account.”
- Select “Withdraw”: You can “Withdraw” your winnings by selecting that choice in the “My Account” section. Set this setting on.
- Enter the withdrawal sum you want to make: The sum that you wish to remove from your My Lotto NZ account must be entered and enjoy playing online scratchies NZ.
- Select your chosen withdrawal method, such as a bank transfer or credit/debit card: You can select your preferred withdrawal method. To finish the withdrawal procedure, adhere to the directions.
- Wait for your withdrawal to be processed: It could take up to 3-5 business days for the money to be processed and credited to your account after you’ve filed a withdrawal request.
These were some of the basic steps which must be included while playing scratchies online NZ. Playing Instant Scratchies NZ will be more fun and exciting.
Q1. What is Instant Kiwi?
Instant Kiwi is New Zealand’s scratch card game as well as mini-games that you can play online or at the lotto store.
Q2. How to win Instant Kiwi Scratchies games?
Both Instant Kiwi tickets purchased in-store and online are games of chance so it depends on your luck to win the game.
Q3. Can you cancel your ticket once purchased?
Unfortunately no you cannot cancel your ticket once purchased.
Q4. How do I know if I am a winner?
The result of each Instant Kiwi Online ticket will be displayed at the end of the gameplay. You can also view the outcome of completed tickets under ‘My Tickets > Completed tickets> Instant Kiwi Online’.
Q5. What is the spending limit in this game?
The maximum spending limit for Instant Kiwi Online games is $50 a week. This is included in the total $150 weekly spending limit for MyLotto.
Q6. Where else can I play instant Scratchies NZ?
Besides the Instant Kiwi Lotto, you can also enjoy lots of online Scratch card games at reputed online casinos too.