When it comes to dining out in Wanaka, it’s not just about savouring delicious cuisine; it’s also about enjoying a well-rounded experience. If you’re someone who appreciates good food and the excitement of gaming, you’re in for a treat. Wanaka boasts a selection of restaurants that not only offer delectable dishes but also feature gaming facilities or are conveniently located near gaming lounges. Let’s learn about various Recommended Restaurants in Wanaka with Gaming Facilities or Near Gaming Lounges.
Wanaka’s beauty is out of the world. If you are planning to visit New Zealand, a day trip to this South Island town will help you enjoy your New Zealand trip and its culture.
Today, I’m going to take you on a mouth-watering journey through some of my favourite kai places in the stunning lakeside town of Wanaka, New Zealand. From authentic Italian delights to aromatic Indian curries and flavoursome Mediterranean cuisine, there’s something here to satiate every palate. Ready to get started?
Table of Contents
Recommended Restaurants in Wanaka with Gaming Facilities or Near Gaming Lounges
1. Wanaka Bullock Bar
Wanaka Bullock Bar, located at 71 Ardmore St, Wanaka, 9305, is a renowned establishment in Wanaka. This classic Kiwi pub has been owned by The Lion Foundation since 2008 and offers a variety of amenities.
The bar is equipped with 16 big-screen TVs, broadcasting major sports events such as Rugby, Soccer, Boxing, UFC, and American Football. They are open to accommodating specific match or game requests. Additionally, the bar offers a pool table, dart boards, giant Jenga, and 18 gaming machines. It is also home to Wanaka’s only full-service TAB.
- Type of Establishment: Wanaka Bullock Bar is a bar, grill, and restaurant.
- Menu: It features an iconic Kiwi menu and an extensive selection of tap beers, including Speights, DB, Guinness, local craft beers, Heineken, and more.
- Age Limit: The entrance age limit is 18 years and older.
- Happy Hour: Happy Hour is available 7 days a week from 5 pm to 6 pm.
- Operating Hours: The bar’s regular opening hours are from 6 pm till late, seven nights a week.
Why we recommend Wanaka Bullock Bar
- Great Food and Drink: Diverse menu, fresh, well-prepared dishes, and a selection of wines and beers.
- Large Gaming Lounge: Offers pool tables, arcade games, and video games for a fun night out.
- Live Music and Events: Frequently hosts live music and events for an entertaining atmosphere.
- Family-Friendly: Provides a kids menu and high chairs, welcoming families.
- Accessibility: Wheelchair accessible for all patrons.
2. Water Bar Wanaka
Water Bar Wanaka, situated at 145 Ardmore St, Wanaka 9305, is a fully licensed restaurant and bar with captivating lakefront views. Owned by the New Zealand Community Trust, it offers a versatile experience:
- Cuisine and Atmosphere: Water Bar provides a diverse dining experience, whether you’re looking for a full meal, a casual brunch or lunch, or late-night entertainment. It’s known for its fantastic bar facilities.
- Age Limit: The entrance age limit for Water Bar is 18 and older.
- Operating Hours: You can visit Water Bar every day from 12 pm until late, making it a great option for both daytime and nighttime outings.
- Contact Information: To reach them, you can call 03-443 4345 or email email@example.com.
- Reviews: You can find more information and reviews about Water Bar Wanaka on TripAdvisor.
This lakefront establishment offers a delightful experience with panoramic views of the mountains and Lake Wanaka, making it a popular choice for locals and visitors alike.
Why we recommend Water Bar Wanaka
- Stunning Lakefront Location: Enjoy breathtaking views of Lake Wanaka and the mountains.
- Delicious Dining: Savor a diverse menu with fresh, well-prepared dishes and a great selection of drinks.
- Friendly Atmosphere: Welcoming staff create a relaxed and enjoyable ambiance.
- Versatile Seating: Choose from indoor tables, booths, or a spacious outdoor patio for any occasion.
Learn More – Top Tips to Prepare for a Trip to New Zealand
3. Francesca’s Italian Kitchen
- Opening hours:
- Thursday Dinner: 5pm – late
- Friday to Monday: Lunch 12pm – 3pm, Dinner 5pm – late
- Tuesday – Closed
- Wednesday – Closed
- Address: 93 Ardmore Street, Wanaka
- Phone number: +64 3 443 5599
- Website: https://www.fransitalian.co.nz
Francesca’s Italian Kitchen is known for its authentic flavours and is located near Wanaka Bullock Bar which offers slot games to New Zealanders. This is a spacious restaurant that has a trove of traditional Italian dishes, with many options for vegetarian and gluten-free diners. Here wine and other produce are locally sourced, and it is also popular to serve New Zealand-brewed Allpress coffee.
Why we recommend Francesca’s Italian Kitchen
- The menu features classic Italian dishes made with fresh, local ingredients.
- The service is friendly and attentive.
- The restaurant is located in a central location in Wanaka, making it easy to get to.
You will find homemade pasta here homemade gnocchi with braised beef cheeks and the merino lamb shoulder ragu are some of my favourite dishes on the menu. Most people, however, come here for the traditional woodfired pizza.
4. Big Fig
- Opening hours: Daily: 8am – 4pm
- Address: 5 Ardmore Street, Wanaka
- Phone number: +64 3 443 7474
- Website: https://www.bigfig.co.nz
This restaurant also serves excellent food for non-vegans and vegetarians alike. This restaurant does not operate on a “reservations” basis. You just have to visit the place and feel at home, browse the diverse Mediterranean/Middle Eastern menu, and order. Some of the favourite food it serves include meatballs, flavoursome salads, stuffed pittas, and plenty of baked products for sweet-toothed customers.
The Lebanese-based breakfast menu is served up fantastic fresh options like Middle Eastern Granola and Shakshuka. For lunch and dinner choose your plate size, the meat you want, and between 2-4 sides and salads. The slow-cooked meats are the hero on the menu here and expect a varied selection like lamb shawarma, beef cheeks, and meatballs. There is also a large chunk of vegetarian options like vegan tagines, stuffed vegetables, and vegetable stews.
Why we recommend Big Fig
- Sustainable café with a focus on fresh, local ingredients
- The menu features a variety of breakfast, lunch, and coffee options
- The café is located on the lakefront in Wanaka, making it a popular spot for people-watching
- The café is also a great place to work or study, as it has free Wi-Fi and plenty of seating
If you want something lighter (the lunch and dinner option above is surprisingly filling!) there’s a large selection of counter goods. At the counter, you will find yummy freshly baked cakes, biscuits, and pitas. You must try the Tahini chocolate brownie.
5. Fitzpatrick’s Irish Pub
Fitzpatrick’s Irish Pub is located at 59 Helwick St, Wanaka 9305, with an entrance age limit of 18 and owned by The Lion Foundation since 2008. Situated in the heart of Florence, this pub offers an ideal setting to enjoy sporting events, connect with people from diverse backgrounds, and savour the authentic tastes and atmosphere of Ireland.
- Address: Via Ghibellina, 152r, 50122 Firenze FI
- Telephone: 055 264177
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This establishment provides a unique blend of Irish culture and international camaraderie in the heart of Florence, making it a welcoming destination for various experiences and interactions.
Why we recommend Fitzpatrick’s Irish Pub
- Authentic Irish Ambiance: Experience genuine Irish culture and flavors in the heart of Florence.
- Welcoming Gathering Place: Connect with people from around the world in a warm and inviting atmosphere.
- Sports Enthusiast’s Haven: Watch your favorite sporting events live, creating a lively environment.
- Owned by The Lion Foundation: A longstanding commitment to quality and service since 2008.
- Global Hub: Located in Florence, it attracts a diverse crowd, fostering a vibrant atmosphere for all.
6. Amigos Wanaka
Amigos Wanaka is a popular Mexican restaurant located at 71 Ardmore Street, Wānaka 9305, New Zealand. It is just a short walk from Wanaka Bullock Bar, making it a convenient place to grab a bite to eat before or after a night out.
Amigos Wanaka has a warm and inviting atmosphere, with colourful décor and friendly staff. The menu features a wide variety of Mexican dishes, including tacos, burritos, quesadillas, and enchiladas. There are also options for vegetarians and vegans.
- Name: Amigos Wanaka
- Address: 71 Ardmore Street, Wānaka 9305
- Contact: 03 443 7872
- Operating Hours: Open seven days a week, from noon until late
- Email: email@example.com
Some of the most popular dishes at Amigos Wanaka include the chicken fajitas, the beef enchiladas, and the veggie burrito. The restaurant also has a great selection of margaritas, as well as other Mexican beers and cocktails.
Why we recommend Amigos Wanaka
- Prime Location: Situated at 71 Ardmore Street, Wānaka 9305, Amigos enjoys a central and easily accessible location in Wanaka.
- Extensive Operating Hours: With its doors open seven days a week from noon until late, Amigos offers flexibility for dining and entertainment at various times.
- Diverse Menu: Amigos provides a menu featuring a wide range of options, ensuring there’s something for every palate. From casual pub fare to more refined dining choices, it caters to diverse culinary preferences.
7. The Spice Room
- Opening hours:
- Dinner: 5pm – 9:30pm
- Closed Mondays
- Address: 43 Helwick Street, Wanaka
- Phone number: +64 3 443 1133
- Website: https://www.spiceroom.co.nz
This restaurant is known for its Indian food and spices that are paired with the Otago region’s finest wine. You can drop by late at night for a takeaway meal, and there are a special NZ$20 curry, rice, and poppadum feast that will keep you full. Other specialities include malai kofta (house-made vegetarian potato dumplings) and the classic butter chicken.
Why we recommend The Spice Room
- It is a popular spot for locals and tourists alike
- The staff are warm-hearted and meticulous
- The food is delicious and the portions are generous
- The restaurant is a great place to enjoy a romantic dinner or a special occasion meal
You will also find fresh Indian food that Wanaka locals love a lot. The Spice Room focuses on home-style Indian cooking and the star dishes are butter chicken, jalfrezi, and goat curry. There’s also a sister restaurant in Queenstown if you wish to visit this too.
The Spice Room has lots of vegetarian options such as the Tadka Dal and Muttar Paneer. Most of the curries are gluten-free too. Vegan, dairy-free, and nut-free options can you will also find – just ask your server. A popular option is their Banquet Menu which is $50 per person and comes with popadums, a mixed Indian platter, three curries with naan bread, and a yummy hot chocolate naan to finish.
The portions here are big so be sure to visit with an empty stomach!
The interior of the restaurant is cozy and inviting plus there’s a big fire in the lounge area to warm you up on those cold Winter days.
Q: What are some recommended restaurants in Wanaka with gaming facilities?
Ans – Amigos Wanaka: This Mexican restaurant has a gaming area with arcade games and pool tables.
Water Bar Wanaka: This waterfront restaurant has a large gaming lounge with pool tables, arcade games, and video games.
Wanaka Bullock Bar: This pub has a large gaming lounge with pool tables, arcade games, and video games.
Q: What are some recommended restaurants in Wanaka near gaming lounges?
Ans – Relishes Cafe: This cafe is located next to Wanaka Bullock Bar.
Francesca’s Italian Kitchen Wanaka: This Italian restaurant is located across the street from Wanaka Bullock Bar.
Q: What are some things to consider when choosing a restaurant with gaming facilities?
Ans – Type of games: What types of games are you interested in playing? Some gaming lounges have a wider variety of games than others.
Age restrictions: Some gaming lounges have age restrictions. Be sure to check the age requirements before you visit.
Food and drink: Do you want to be able to eat and drink while you play? Some gaming lounges have restaurants or bars on-site.
Atmosphere: What type of atmosphere are you looking for? Some gaming lounges are more family-friendly, while others are more geared towards adults.
Q: What are some tips for enjoying your meal at a restaurant with gaming facilities?
Ans – Set a budget: It can be easy to overspend at a gaming lounge, so it’s important to set a budget before you start playing.
Take breaks: Get up and move around every hour or so to avoid getting too tired.
Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated, especially if you’re drinking alcohol.
Be aware of your surroundings: Keep an eye on your belongings and be aware of the people around you.
And there you have it – six of Wanaka’s coolest restaurants, each offering their unique blend of flavours, ambiance and Kiwi hospitality. These culinary gems are not just about the food; they’re about the whole dining experience. So, next time you find yourself in Wanaka, don’t forget to check out these eateries. You might just discover your new favourite dish or a wine that you can’t stop raving about. But remember, the best way to explore Wanaka’s food scene is to go out there and taste it for yourself. So, pop in, order a plate, strike up a chat with the locals, and make some memories.