PayPal was launched in 1998 and this online banking transaction is quite common worldwide. Earlier known as ‘Confinity’ it was merged with X.com and was renamed PayPal in 2001.
PayPal’s fortunes exploded in the early 2000s; when it became the payment system of choice for people using eBay; the then-developing online auction site. It was bought by eBay in July 2002 for $1.5 billion but was spun off again in 2014 as a separate company.
PayPal remains the biggest eWallet globally, despite competition from the Paysafe Group (Neteller, Skrill, Paysafecard). It’s estimated that there are currently 200 million PayPal accounts in use across the globe.
Casinos with PayPal
When it comes to funding your account at online casinos; you will find that not all online casinos list PayPal as their mode of deposit. It is because in some countries there are legal issues in PayPal operations. Thus the no availability at certain online casinos. But with New Zealand-friendly online casinos; you do not have any such difficulty to face. As most online casinos offer PayPal as one of the deposit and withdrawal options on their banking page.
Making a Deposit at casinos with PayPal
Depositing funds at PayPal-friendly casinos is a straightforward process. If the casino accepts PayPal, follow these steps:
- Select PayPal: On the casino’s cashier or Banking page, you’ll find PayPal listed as a deposit option. Choose it.
- Enter Deposit Amount: Specify the amount you wish to deposit.
- PayPal Verification: You’ll be directed to your PayPal account, where you’ll go through typical online purchase verification steps. This step is swift and secure.
- Instant Funds: Once verified, your funds should swiftly appear in your casino account.
Additionally, you can fund your PayPal account using bank transfers or credit cards and then use these funds for online casino transactions. You also have the option to link a specific credit card to your PayPal account for automatic withdrawals when depositing at a casino site.
A noteworthy advantage of PayPal is its flexibility. You can use your regular Internet transaction account or create a separate account with a different credit card dedicated to casino play. This approach helps you manage your spending and monitor your winnings more effectively.
How does PayPal work?
PayPal stands as an eWallet, and the best part is, it’s entirely free for making online payments. When you employ PayPal as your eWallet at an online casino, you’ll experience the magic of instant transactions when you’re depositing to play. No more waiting for days to transfer funds from your account – with PayPal, you can dive right into your favourite games without delay. Enjoy the thrill of gaming without the wait!
Setting up your PayPal account
If you don’t have a PayPal account yet, don’t worry; it’s easy and takes just a few minutes. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to https://www.paypal.com/nz/home.
- Click the Sign-Up button at the top right.
- Pick your country, language, and whether it’s for you or your business.
- Fill in your details.
- Click “Agree and Create Account.”
- After making your account, you’ll need to verify it with your PAN card.
- They’ll send you a code to check your account.
Now, for depositing money, it varies depending on the casino. Most casinos have minimum and maximum deposit limits that work for most people. But if you want to deposit a lot, you can ask the casino’s support team for special arrangements.
Keep in mind, that your PayPal account might have rules about how much you can spend in one day, so check those limits too.
Advantages of using casinos with PayPal
- PayPal is fast, reliable, and secure, making it one of the best ways to complete any online transaction, including deposits into casino sites.
- A typical transaction takes just moments to complete, and there is little risk of identity fraud or similar concerns when using the service.
- PayPal also allows you some flexibility in your funding, as you can either use money already in your account or link a bank account or other financial device to fund your purchase and deposits.
- It can also serve as your withdrawal method from online casinos. That means that, as long as you are playing at sites that accept PayPal, it can be your single stop for moving your funds around, as all of your casino banking can go through the same account.
- Your privacy is not disclosed as all you need to pay is your PayPal email address
- Also, all your funds are managed in one place
Disadvantages of using PayPal casinos
- Sometimes the customer support at Paypal is not friendly or helpful
- PayPal is not found at all of the online casinos
PayPal on your Mobile
If you love playing casino games on your mobile, no need to fret; you can still deposit using PayPal at casinos. You can use the PayPal phone app, which is great for iPhones, Androids, and Windows phones. Getting the PayPal app on your mobile is a breeze – you can download it directly from PayPal’s website or grab it from Google Play, Microsoft Windows, or iTunes, and simply install it. Now, you’re all set to enjoy seamless casino gaming on your smartphone!
Find the best casinos with PayPal to enjoy real money pokies with NZ Dollars.
Related read: Online Casinos Accepting Paysafecard