New Zealanders now can enjoy their casino games for real money play by using cryptocurrency Bitcoins. Bitcoin is a purely digital currency as there are no notes or coins that can be used exclusively in online transactions. In this monetary system encryption is used to secure transactions and keep your transactions anonymous.
Though Bitcoin is not legitimately used in New Zealand but you can buy it from traders for a marked-up price, also there is a bitcoin ATM in a bar in Auckland and in Dunedin but that hasn’t really caught on as there are less users of BTC (Bitcoins).
Bitcoins is used at online casinos NZ
Casino gambling is legal in New Zealand, but operating online casino gambling sites within the country is not. The 2003 Gambling Act states that all forms of remote interactive gambling is illegal, but the law explicitly states that the ban on gambling does not include gambling by a person in New Zealand conducted by a gambling operator located outside New Zealand. This means that it is perfectly legal for punters in New Zealand to play on any international online casino sites available to them. Therefore Kiwis are able to use Bitcoins at offshore online casinos with no problem.
There are a range of things that you should consider before signing up, especially now that online bitcoin casinos are becoming increasingly competitive and more online casinos NZ are accepting the digital currency.
- The online Bitcoin casinos should be licensed and regulated by gambling commission
- In terms of safety, you should also check whether the casino that you’re considering has a provably fair system, and/or uses games from reputable traditional casinos. For those who do not know, a provably fair system uses cryptographic techniques to determine the authenticity of a roll and ensure that neither the game, nor the player knows the outcome of a roll prior to the bet.
- Online Bitcoin casino should offer great promotional offers and BTC bonuses.
- The game play and interface should be user-friendly and can be played with various devices like smartphone and tablet.
- You should know that you need buy BTC and find the easiest way to procure the valued crytocurrency as opposed to mining it yourself. You must create a ‘wallet address’ with most popular bitcoin softwares offering the service. Once you’ve located your ‘bitcoin address’, you must choose a bitcoin exchange or bitcoin trade market to use.
- Once you’ve selected and signed up for an exchange, you can begin transferring money to your exchange bank account. Once money is deposited, you can choose to ‘Buy’ or ‘Trade’ the bitcoins,. The pricing will always vary depending on supply and demand. Once the bitcoins are purchased, you can transfer your bitcoins from the bitcoin exchange to your wallets.
Note that Bitcoins can be stored in two ways: software using a cloud or software you download. Among these two forms of storage exist a wealth of services dedicated to depositing and withdrawing bitcoins, specifically to and from online gambling sites. So those hoping to use bitcoin while gambling won’t be limited to just one deposit or cashout option.
Software like BlockChain or GreenAddress store them in a cloud, in a similar way to PayPal or Neteller and are considered the most popular forms of bitcoin storage. Software like Electrum or Darkwallet is downloaded onto your computer, and the coins are stored on your hard drive. This software tends to be more secure. Although you can’t use a bank account, credit card or cheque, avoiding the conventional banking system means transactions are faster. Using conventional currency, cashouts can take days, and cheque deposits up to a week. Bitcoin transactions are usually complete within minutes.
Online casinos that accept Bitcoins have no transaction costs. All transfers are peer-to-peer, so there are no middlemen to pay. Multi-currency casinos often make charges to deposit or withdraw using a credit card, and such hybrid casinos themselves may have fees and the same can be true like using e-Wallets and banks.
The advantages of online casinos that accept Bitcoins
- You can make can deposit and withdraw anonymously
- There is no need for third Parties or middle men
- You can play with lower credits or amounts at the online casinos
- The deposits and withdrawals are faster than other currency
- When making cashouts there is no need for any ID proof.
- Get 24.7 friendly support
- Also avail BTC bonuses of various kinds
Online casinos that accept Bitcoins
There many online casinos that have started accepting Bitcoins. The few reputed ones are as given below.
1. Rich casino
Rich casino is a legit casino when it comes to looking for the online casinos that accept Bitcoins. This casino is licensed and regulated with Curacao eGaming where you can enjoy over 800 pokies games. As a new player you are offered 400% BTC bonus on your first three times deposits.
Bitcasino.io is an online casino for bitcoin players only you can deposit, play and withdraw money with bitcoins – the only currency accepted at Bitcasino.io. As a new player you are offered a welcome bonus of 100% up to m฿ 1,000. Enjoy pokies, table games, multiple live casinos and over 1300 bitcoin casino games. Bitcasino.io is owned and operated by Luckbox Ent. Ltd and is regulated by the Government of Curacao.
3. 7 Reels
7 Reels casino is an Australian and New Zealand friendly online casino which came into existence in 2008. Being a part of the winward gaming group this is a legit casino being licensed and regulated by the Government of Curacao. The casino accepts AUD, NZD and BTC to play games but also so many other currency options including cryptocurrency being accepted widely here there is no reason as why not to play at this amazing casino. Depositing with Bitcoins gets you rich 400% bonus on your first three times deposits.
4. 21 Dukes
A Game Care certified online casino that accepts Bitcoins is 21 Dukes. While you get to play awesome casino games with BTC as a new player you also are offered 500% bonus on your first deposit all in BTC.
Slot land casino is the perfect Bitcoin casino that allows NZ punters to play wonderful pokies with Bitcoins, USD and other cryptocurrencies. This online casino is not new but has a good reputation since its launch in 1998. Being a legit casino registered by the Government of Anjouan, the casino is safe to play as offers encrypted secure online transactions.
There are several other online casinos that accept Bitcoins. You need to do a bit of research and find out from the online casinos that accept New Zealand players as they offer BTC or not to play games.