Imagine the excitement of a real casino brought to your screen – that’s the magic of Live Dealer games in NZ. In the thriving online gambling scene of New Zealand, games with Live Dealers have become the talk of the town, offering Kiwis an interactive gaming experience.
Table of Contents
What Are Live Dealer Games in NZ?
Live Dealer Games in New Zealand, often called Live Casino Games, are an exciting fusion of online gambling and the authentic casino experience. These games bridge the gap between traditional brick-and-mortar casinos and online gaming platforms.
Here’s how they work:
A real human dealer conducts the game from a studio or a casino in a live dealer game. The action is streamed live to players via their computers or mobile devices.
Players can interact with the dealer and other players in real-time, creating a highly immersive atmosphere.
Kiwis appreciate the real-time interaction, the feeling of being in a casino, and the transparency that live games offer. It’s a fantastic way to enjoy the thrill of gambling without travelling to a physical casino.
Evolution of Live Dealer Casino Games
Live dealer gaming has become increasingly popular in New Zealand in recent years. This is due to some factors, including the convenience of playing casino games from home, the excitement of interacting with a live dealer, and the fact that many live dealer games offer higher betting limits than traditional online casino games.
The first live dealer casinos were launched in the early 2000s. However, it was not until the mid-2010s that live dealer gaming began to take off in New Zealand.
This was due to many factors, including the increasing availability of high-speed internet and the increasing popularity of mobile gaming.
One of the key milestones in the evolution of live dealer gaming in New Zealand was the launch of Evolution Gaming in 2006.
Evolution Gaming is a leading provider of live dealer casino games, and it offers a wide range of games to New Zealand players, including blackjack, roulette, baccarat, and poker.
Another key milestone was the launch of mobile live dealer gaming in 2012. This allowed New Zealand players to play live dealer games on their smartphones and tablets.
Key Milestones and Advancements
- Evolution Gaming’s Entry in the mid-2000s elevated game quality.
- Mobile Compatibility for on-the-go gaming.
- Introduction of Regulatory Framework for Player Protection.
- Expansion of Game Variety to include baccarat, poker, and game shows.
- Real-time interaction through live chat features.
- Adoption of HD Streaming for crystal-clear visuals.
Live Dealer Casinos VS Regular Casinos
|Live Dealer Casinos
|✅ Replicate the sights and sounds of a land-based casino from the comfort of home.
|❌ Games can sometimes be tedious or distant because all games are against a computer.
|✅ Provides an authentic experience, including chatting with other players and the dealer.
|❌ Because games are fast-paced, getting lost in the action and burning through bankroll is easier.
|✅ Ideal for beginners and casual gamblers who may not feel comfortable at a land-based casino.
|✅ Offers more dedicated bonuses and promotions.
|❌ Games can be slower because the dealer dictates the pace.
|✅ Provides a more comprehensive betting range between minimum and maximum bets.
|❌ Usually, there are fewer live games available compared to regular software titles.
|❌ Because games are fast-paced, getting lost in the action and burning through the bankroll is easier.
|❌ Games aren’t as immersive as live dealer games and can get boring.
Suggested Read – Live Dealer Online Casinos vs In-Person Casinos and Myths
Popular Live Dealer Casino Games NZ
Live Dealer Blackjack
Live Dealer Blackjack is a beloved card game aiming to beat the dealer’s hand without exceeding 21. It offers an authentic casino experience with real dealers dealing physical cards.
How to Play: Players are dealt two cards and can choose to ‘hit’ (take another card) or ‘stand’ (keep their current hand). The dealer also follows set rules. The one closest to 21 without exceeding it wins.
How to Place Bets: Players place bets by selecting their preferred chip denomination and clicking on the betting area. Common side bets include Perfect Pairs and 21+3.
Payouts and Bets:
- Winning blackjack bets pay 3:2.
- Standard win pays 1:1.
- Insurance (if the dealer has an Ace) pays 2:1.
- Side bets offer various payouts, e.g., Perfect Pairs (up to 25:1) and 21+3 (up to 100:1).
Live Dealer Roulette
Live Dealer Roulette is a classic wheel-spinning game where players bet on the outcome of a ball landing on a numbered pocket.
How to Play: Players place bets on numbers, colours, or other combinations. The dealer spins the wheel, and the pocket where the ball lands determines the winner.
How to Place Bets: Chips are placed on the virtual roulette table, covering the chosen numbers or areas. Inside bets (e.g., straight-up) offer higher payouts than outside bets (e.g., red/black).
Payouts and Bets:
- A straight-up bet (single number) pays 35:1.
- Red/Black or Odd/Even pays 1:1.
- Column or Dozen bets pay 2:1.
- Corner bets pay 8:1.
Live Dealer Baccarat
Live Dealer Baccarat is a card game where players bet on the outcome of two hands, the Player and the Banker, or a Tie.
How to Play: Players bet on which hand will have a total closest to 9, with face cards and 10s worth 0 and other cards worth their face value. A third card can be drawn under specific conditions.
How to Place Bets: Bets are placed on the table in the Player, Banker, or Tie areas. Players can also bet on side bets like Player Pair or Banker Pair.
Payouts and Bets:
- Winning Player bets pay 1:1.
- Winning Banker bets pay 1:1 minus a 5% commission.
- A Tie bet pays 8:1.
- Side bets vary in payouts, e.g., the Player/Banker Pair pays 11:1.
Learn More – How to Play Baccarat at Online Casinos NZ?
Live Dealer Hold’em.
Live Dealer Hold’em is a poker variant where players aim to beat the dealer’s hand. It combines strategy and skill.
How to Play: Players and the dealer are each dealt two cards. They can use these and five community cards to form the best five-card hand.
How to Place Bets: Players place an initial bet and can later choose to ‘Call’ (continue playing) or ‘Fold’ (forfeit the hand).
Payouts and Bets: Payouts vary depending on the strength of the player’s hand. Royal Flush pays the highest, typically 100:1 or more.
Live Dealer Sic Bo
Live Dealer Sic Bo is a dice game where players bet on the outcome of the roll of three dice.
How to Play: Players place bets on various possible outcomes, like the total sum of the dice or specific combinations.
How to Place Bets: Chips are placed on the desired betting options on the Sic Bo table.
Payouts and Bets: Payouts vary widely; e.g., betting on a specific triple might pay 150:1, while betting on a single number might pay 1:1.
These popular live dealer casino games offer diverse options for players in New Zealand to enjoy an immersive and interactive gambling experience.
Live Casino Software Providers
When selecting the best online casino sites, choosing live dealer software providers is crucial for a gaming experience. These developers deliver live casino games replicating the traditional casino ambience.
Here are the key players in the live dealer software industry:
Evolution Gaming is a leader in live dealer games. They are known for their high-quality dealers, HD streaming from fancy settings, and a wide range of games. They have won many awards and are famous for creating realistic live casino experiences.
Known for its pokies, Playtech has successfully ventured into the live casino realm. Although its catalogue is smaller than Evolution’s, Playtech’s innovative games and growing popularity make it a noteworthy provider among New Zealand’s top live casinos.
Recognized for pokies and unique casino games, NetEnt is making strides in the live casino sector. While it offers some excellent titles, it still feels like NetEnt is exploring its potential in the live dealer space.
Choosing games from these providers ensures professional dealers, top-notch security, excellent production quality, fast gameplay, and diverse table and game options.
In addition to Evolution Gaming, Playtech, and NetEnt, several other developers contribute to the live casino scene:
- Microgaming: Known for distinctive live casino experiences, including the Playboy Bunny live casino with iconic dealer costumes.
- Ezugi: Adds innovation to the live casino landscape with various games.
- Swintt: Offers unique gaming experiences, contributing to the diversity of live gaming.
- Gong Gaming: Enriches the live casino industry with its innovative offerings.
- Visionary iGaming: Provides a unique touch to live casinos, expanding gaming choices.
Learn more – How To Use ChatGPT To Play Online Pokies?
Top Casinos with Live Casino Games
Live dealer games have gained immense popularity in online gambling, providing players with an authentic casino experience from the comfort of their homes.
1. Jackpot City Casino
- Live Games: Range of live dealer games, including blackjack, roulette, and more.
- Bonus: Generous welcome bonus for new players.
- Established: Founded in 1998.
- Software Providers: Powered by Evolution Gaming and NetEnt for live games.
- License: Licensed by the Malta Gaming Authority.
Read Review – Jackpot City NZ
2. Spin Casino
- Live Games: Various live dealer games like blackjack, roulette, and baccarat.
- Bonus: Offers a competitive welcome bonus.
- Established: Established in 2001.
- Software Providers: Partners with Evolution Gaming for live casino offerings.
- License: Licensed and regulated by the Malta Gaming Authority.
Read Review – Spin Casino Review New Zealand
3. Casumo Casino
- Live Games: There is an extensive selection of live casino games, including blackjack and roulette.
- Bonus: Offers a unique welcome bonus with free spins.
- Established: Founded in 2012.
- Software Providers: Collaborates with Evolution Gaming for live dealer games.
- License: Holds licenses from the Malta Gaming Authority and the UK Gambling Commission.
Read Review – Casumo Casino New Zealand
4. Golden Tiger Casino
- Live Games: Offers live blackjack, roulette, and other popular casino games.
- Bonus: Provides a substantial welcome bonus for new players.
- Established: Established in 2000.
- Software Providers: Features live games from Evolution Gaming.
- License: Licensed by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission.
Read Review – Golden Tiger Casino
5. Emu Casino
- Live Games: Provides live dealer games, including various versions of blackjack and roulette.
- Bonus: Offers a competitive welcome bonus package.
- Established: Founded in 2012.
- Software Providers: Partners with Evolution Gaming for live casino content.
- License: Licensed and regulated by the Government of Curacao.
Read full review – Emu Casino
Suggested read – Best Live Casino NZ To Enjoy Live Dealer Games
Live dealer games have transformed the gambling landscape not just in New Zealand but around the world. Top-tier software providers like Evolution Gaming, NetEnt and Playtech provide a range of classic table games with professionally trained dealers.
Thanks to stringent regulations, live games are entertaining and safe. The social aspect, real-time interaction, and flexible betting options add to their appeal. Whether you’re a seasoned gambler or a newcomer, live dealer games in NZ provide an exciting and secure way to indulge in casino gaming.
Q. How do live casinos work?
Ans – Live casinos use real dealers, tables, and casino equipment, streamed to players via high-quality video feeds.
Players place bets and make decisions in real time, just like in a physical casino. Communication with the dealer and other players is possible through chat or voice.
Q. What is a live casino dealer?
Ans – A live casino dealer is a real person who manages the game at a physical table at an online casino.
They handle cards, spin the roulette wheel, or perform other game actions. Players can interact with the dealer through chat, adding a social element to online gaming.
Q. What games can I play at a live casino?
Ans – Live casinos offer a variety of games, including classics like Live Blackjack, Live Roulette, and Live Baccarat. Many also feature Live Poker variants, Live Sic Bo, and game show-style titles like Live Dream Catcher or Live Monopoly.
Q. Are Live Dealer games in NZ safe?
Ans – Yes, live dealer games in NZ are generally safe when you play at reputable and licensed casinos. The live games are conducted in real-time with professional dealers, enhancing trust.
Q. Are live casinos available on mobile?
Ans – Yes, live casinos are available on mobile devices. Leading providers optimize their live games for smartphones and tablets, allowing players to enjoy the live casino experience on the go.
Q. Do live dealer mobile games take a lot of data?
Ans – Live dealer mobile games can consume data, especially if you’re streaming in high-definition. However, data usage varies depending on the game and quality settings.
Using a Wi-Fi connection or checking your data plan is advisable to avoid unexpected charges.
Q. What is the RTP of live dealer casino games?
Ans – The RTP (Return to Player) of live dealer casino games varies depending on the game type and specific variant.
Typically, live dealer games offer competitive RTP rates similar to their land-based counterparts. You can check with the casino or game provider for specific RTP values, as they may vary.