In the vibrant city of Dunedin, nestled on the Otago Peninsula in New Zealand, there’s more than just cultural experiences and stunning scenery to explore. If you’re a casino enthusiast seeking a delightful dining experience, you’re in luck.
This guide will lead you to the finest restaurants in Dunedin, located conveniently near casinos, ensuring that your visit combines the thrill of gaming with exceptional cuisine.
Here are the best 6 restaurants near casinos offering contemporary New Zealand food with authentic European tastes!
Table of Contents
Best 6 Restaurants Near Casinos in Dunedin New Zealand
1. Grand Bar and Restaurant
Grand Bar and Restaurant is a culinary gem near a bustling casino in the heart of Dunedin, New Zealand. This dining establishment offers an exquisite fusion of flavors for lunch and dinner patrons. What sets it apart is the delectable cuisine and its convenient location within the Grand Casino, making it an ideal choice for casino-goers seeking an unforgettable dining experience.
One of its notable features is the enticing happy hour set menu, available daily from 5 to 7 PM.
For those planning to visit the Grand Casino in Dunedin, Grand Bar and Restaurant is a must-try destination. It seamlessly combines the casino’s excitement with gastronomy’s pleasures, offering a holistic and memorable evening in the city’s heart.
For reservations or inquiries, you can contact them at 03 470 0948 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t miss the opportunity to dine in style and savour the flavours of Dunedin at Grand Bar and Restaurant.
2. Etrusco at the Savoy
Etrusco at the Savoy, located in Dunedin, New Zealand, is a well-established and highly regarded Italian restaurant near Grand Casino Dunedin. With over two decades of service, this family-owned and operated restaurant has become a favorite dining destination in the city.
- Contact: You can reach Etrusco at the Savoy at (03) 477-3737.
- Operating Hours: The restaurant is open seven days a week, welcoming guests from 5:30 pm till late, making it a convenient choice for pre or post-casino dining.
- Beverage Options: Etrusco is fully licensed and offers a BYO (Bring Your Own) option, ensuring a variety of choices for wine enthusiasts. They also boast an extensive cellar wine list to complement your meal.
- Authentic Italian Experience: Etrusco at the Savoy is proud of its authentic Italian heritage and offers a menu that reflects the rich culinary traditions of Italy. Guests can explore various dishes under categories like Starters, Pasta, Pizza, Banquet, and Dessert.
- Local Favorite: Having served the community for two decades, Etrusco at the Savoy has become a beloved local dining spot known for its commitment to quality and service.
Whether you’re looking to savour traditional Italian flavours or enjoy a delightful meal near Grand Casino Dunedin, Etrusco at the Savoy offers an inviting and flavorful dining experience that complements your visit to the casino.
3. No. 7 Balmac
Located in Dunedin’s suburb of Maori Hill, No. 7 Balmac is a great neighbourhood restaurant specializing in modern New Zealand cuisine. In addition, it has a kitchen garden that supplies the chefs with the freshest herbs and vegetables. You can enjoy the breakfast here with options like buttermilk pancakes with berries and honey-vanilla syrup or traditional eggs benedict, and Ashby’s streaky bacon and warm toasted ciabatta.
For lunch, you can have wood-grilled chicken with red quinoa, the No. 7 Balmac burger, or the grilled Greek halloumi. Moreover, you must not miss the warm, chewy almond tart, served with vanilla bean ice cream and oozing with thick dulce de leche.
4. Bacchus Wine Bar & Restaurant
Bacchus Wine Bar & Restaurant is a delightful dining establishment on the 1st Floor of 12 The Octagon, one of Dunedin’s historic and iconic buildings. Situated near the new Forsyth Barr Stadium, this restaurant offers a convenient option for visitors to the Grand Casino in Dunedin.
The restaurant specializes in modern European New Zealand-style cuisine, featuring a delectable menu that includes Ora salmon, Silver Fern Farms fillet steak, yellowfin tuna tataki, and Jersey Bennes. If you’re looking for a more extensive dining experience, they also offer a beautiful 3-course fine dining set menu.
Bacchus Wine Bar & Restaurant is not just about exceptional cuisine; it also boasts a superb selection of wines and the finest Scottish whisky to complement your meal.
Here are the key details:
- Phone: +64 3-474 0824
- Website: Bacchus Wine Bar & Restaurant
- Lunch Hours: Monday – Friday: 12.00 pm onward
- Dinner Hours: Monday – Saturday: 6.00 pm till late
If you’re looking for a hearty brunch, the delicious breakfasts are the answer. You can select from warm banana bread, brioche French toast, eggs benedict, or the lamb’s fry. However, if you have a sweet tooth, trying out ginger and plum pudding is great. It is rightly complemented with salted caramel ice cream and hazelnut praline.
Nova is ideal for breakfast, a quick coffee, dinner, a glass of wine, or a deliciously sweet dessert. The lunch and dinner menus feature local seafood and fresh produce and change regularly to reflect the seasons. If you fancy a quick nibble, its well-stocked cake cabinet caters for you perfectly and includes both gluten and dairy-free choices.
This bar offers distinctly Scottish flavours in its menu, comprised of old favourites like haggis and Cullen skink. Scotia bar also offers a homespun feel.
You can also enjoy the smoked beef, game, and venison prepared in-house alongside the homemade bread and sauces. It uses locally sourced and ethically farmed produce as a result, it has great quality and flavor of the food. It would be best to complement your meal with New Zealand, Australian and European wines or a choice from the 250 whiskeys.
With professionally trained chefs who were knowledgeable to offer customers the best food experience possible. Tasty, hearty foods with great flavour also offered Scottish favourite touches like oatcakes, haggis, hogger neck and Cullen skink.
They were located in the heart of Dunedin. Bonny Scotia had its way of stealing their customer’s whole heart to lust after it after that with its warmth of true Southern hospitality. The menu showcases the best of Scottish cuisines combined with a contemporary New Zealand flair. Its whiskey bar was fully stocked with not less than 200 Scottish-brewed single malt.
Suggested topic: Best 8 Venues to Play Pokies in Dunedin
Local Tips and Insights
- Grand Bar and Restaurant:
- Local Tip: The Grand Bar and Restaurant is conveniently located within the Grand Casino. It’s an excellent choice for a pre-casino dinner or post-gaming meal. The happy hour set menu, available from 5 to 7 PM, offers great value for money. Don’t forget to try their signature cocktails; they’re a favorite among locals.
- Etrusco at the Savoy:
- Local Tip: Etrusco at the Savoy is a beloved Italian restaurant known for its cozy atmosphere and authentic dishes. Try their homemade pasta; it’s a highlight. For a romantic evening, request a table by the fireplace. It’s a popular spot for couples.
- No. 7 Balmac:
- Local Tip: No. 7 Balmac is a favourite among locals for its welcoming ambience and extensive wine list. If you’re a wine enthusiast, ask the staff for wine pairing recommendations with your meal. Don’t miss their seasonal specials; they showcase the best of New Zealand’s produce.
- Bacchus Wine Bar & Restaurant:
- Local Tip: Bacchus is known for its elegant dining experience. If you’re a seafood lover, try their Ora salmon, a local delicacy. The 3-course fine dining set menu is perfect for special occasions. Ask the sommelier for wine pairings to enhance your meal.
- Local Tip: Nova is famous for its modern New Zealand cuisine with a twist. Locals love their innovative cocktails, so explore the drink menu. The restaurant’s outdoor seating area, offering views of the Octagon, is a great choice on a sunny day.
- Local Tip: Scotia is a Scottish-inspired pub with a cozy atmosphere. This is the place to be if you’re looking for a laid-back evening with friends. Try their Scotch eggs or haggis for a taste of Scotland. The pub often hosts live music; check their entertainment schedule.
Q: Why should I dine near casinos in Dunedin?
A: Dining near casinos in Dunedin enhances your overall entertainment experience. You can enjoy a delicious meal before or after gaming, making it a convenient and enjoyable outing.
Q: Are these restaurants suitable for families and kids?
A: Many restaurants near Dunedin’s casinos are family-friendly and offer kid-friendly menus, making them suitable for a wide range of diners.
Q: What is the average price range for dining at these restaurants?
A: The price range varies, but you can find options for different budgets. Some offer affordable dining, while others provide a more upscale experience.
Q: Can I make reservations in advance?
A: Most of these restaurants accept reservations, especially during peak hours. It’s a good idea to call ahead and secure your table, especially if you’re planning a special occasion.
Q: Do these restaurants offer outdoor seating?
A: Depending on the restaurant, you may find outdoor seating options to enjoy your meal with a view or fresh air.
Q: Do these restaurants offer takeout or delivery services?
A: Some restaurants may offer takeout or delivery services, allowing you to enjoy their cuisine in the comfort of your own space.
Dunedin, New Zealand, offers the thrill of its vibrant casinos and a culinary adventure that complements the excitement of gaming. These best 6 restaurants near casinos in Dunedin, New Zealand, present diverse flavours and experiences.
From the elegance of Bacchus Wine Bar & Restaurant to the cosy ambience of No. 7 Balmac, each establishment adds unique charm to the city’s dining scene. Whether you’re savouring authentic Italian cuisine at Etrusco at the Savoy or indulging in contemporary New Zealand dishes at Grand Bar and Restaurant, there’s something for every palate.
Nova is a top choice for seasonal dishes and delicious baked goods, making it an ideal spot for breakfast and dinner. Lastly, Scotia offers a unique Scottish flavour for those adventurous foodies, featuring traditional dishes like haggis and a whiskey bar with an impressive selection.
Based on this selection, we recommend trying Ironic Café for its unique desserts, Bacchus for its award-winning grilled dishes, and Scotia for its whiskey selection.
These establishments offer an excellent food experience and a glimpse into Dunedin’s unique culture and hospitality. Remember, a great way to experience a place is through its food, and these restaurants in Dunedin, New Zealand, offer just that. Enjoy your culinary journey!